Saturday, May 12, 2007

An update long overdue

Stephan has now completed the training on his new job at American Income life. I am so relieved as it has been anout 2 and a half months along with the course he took which he has been away from home so much. Now he can plan around our schedule, and be around more hopefully. Well see how this job works out. I am so not a risk taker on anything.

I am writing from my friends place in Alberta right now. I flew out early yesterday morning and am flying back out on Tuesday. I went to high school with my friend Juanita. The plane ride out here was a bit rough with alot of turbulence. So my stomache was not thinking that thatwas so hot the whole time. I was very relieved when the plane landed. I think I wore out my knuckles.

It is weird being out here, my aunt told me that I had to go on this trip. She is in St. Bonifce Hospital right now on palliative care. The doctors told her on thursday that she has a week, two weeks or a bit longer to live. She has colon cancer that has taken over her body. The doctors are reducing her IV fluid intake now. So if you read this pray for me and my family as this is tough for us, and especially my Aunt Eileen as she just found out about the news and flew out from Vancouver. I am not sure if she is a christian.

So as you can see I am enjoying myselg out here, but my thoughts are at home though too.But i know where my Aunt is going "Heaven bound" so that makes it a little easier.

Ah yeah it is much cooler and wetter out here in Alberta. They want some of our warmer drier weather. I wish that we had some of theirs. I will post some picks of Alberta when I go out to Banff on Sunday.

Hope you are well at home in Manitoba

1 comment:

Monika said...

I hope you enjoy your time out in Alberta, although I know it must be tough too with your thoughts being back home with your aunt. Looking forward to seeing your pics of Banff.